Simple pumpkin seeds
These pumpkin seeds are easy and delicious.
- Scoop out pumpkins. Use hands to separate seeds from most of the stringy stuff.
- Preheat toaster oven to 250.
- Fill large bowl with water, add seeds. Swirl. Let sit for a moment and the stringy stuff will sink while the seeds float. Scoop out seeds and shake to get off the majority of the water.
- Place seeds on toaster oven tray that has been sprayed with cooking oil. Spray tops of seeds with oil.
- Place tray in preheated toaster oven.
- Let sit for awhile, stir once. Remove from oven when slightly toasted.
- Dump seeds into bowl, add tamari (or soy sauce), stir. Replace on tray and put back into oven.
- Leave in oven until tamari has dried onto the seeds.
- Remove from oven and enjoy salty, tangy, and deliciously toasted seeds.